Hello you, and welcome to inside the mind of an Obsessive Compulsive Designer
One of the things I love about the blogging community is how everyone builds each other up. It’s such a great thing to see happen, especially with women. Thank you so much Jules at Blonde’s Tea , Lean Sixteen , and Brenna at Crochet539 for this amazing award. I love the concept of this award because it acknowledges great bloggers while helping out other bloggers with great advice from a variety of people.
The rules for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
The story of my blog
This may get quite redundant for those who have read my Why I Started Blogging post so I’ll give you the short version here. I had a droning job that required no creativity on my part and as a creative individual I found myself looking for an outlet. I’ve never been one for the camera but have always enjoyed writing so blogging seemed like the perfect outlet!
Advice for new bloggers
- Interaction. It seems silly or time not well spent but I promise it makes a huge difference. Liking and commenting on other bloggers posts will help you build a strong community with those in your niche. Making connections and friendships will really help you build your blog and you’ll meet so many great people from around the world.
- Natural Lighting. For pictures, no matter what camera you are using, the lighting is the key to good photography. Make sure you plan out when you’re taking pictures so you can best utilize the natural lighting.
1. Le Wendy
4. Ell Rachel
6. Salty Mom
10. Admirably Legal
11. Helli Patel
12. Simple Serenity
13. Nogy Nyan
14. Ms Meehnia
Again, thank you so much for this award. I hope all my nominations take the time to do this post because I believe it can help out so many new bloggers. Have a great day everyone!